Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Simple Typography Project

just having a look at my referrers (I know it’s geeky), I found this being a nice one: http://www.google.ca/search?q=simple+typography+project&hl=en&start=10&sa=N

at the time I’m writing (the 4th of Dec’07), Textasplayground is ranked 12th, as a ‘simple typography project’. It’s nice and at the same time I’m wondering who is searching for trypographic references, projects or inspiration on Google by using such query - it would be nice to have a clearer global scope of what people are searching when coming to one of my websites possibly in realtime, and what they actually find useful, or what they don’t find.
I actually use FeedBurner, Google Analytics and a bit of mine own code to trace some patterns and trends; but I still feel frustrated by the narrow perception this give from an electronic presence…

There are a few parameters which can be accepted as relevant like the Bounce Rate, and such things - but at the end, the most relevant factor to me are the backlinks and the comment which provide from human actions and means a lot more than random user click around on ‘strange’ google query …

No comments: